Best friends Sandra Bell and Allison Adams serve as public defenders alongside Jay Simmons and their boss, Federal Public Defender Jill Carlan. With the help of new investigator Ted, they face off against prosecutors Seth Oliver, Leonard Knox, Kate Littlejohn and their supervisor, chief of the Criminal Division in the U.S. Attorney's Office, Roger Gunn. Our lawyers are joined by Judge Nicholas Byrne, who rules on some of the court's most controversial cases, and Tina Krissman, the formidable clerk of Court who keeps everyone in line.
These young lawyers will be put to the test both personally and professionally as their lives intersect in and out of America's most prestigious trial court.
- Hope Davis as Jill Carlan (10/10)
- Ben Shenkman as Roger Gunn (9/10)
- Jasmin Savoy Brown as Allison Adams (10/10)
- Charles Michael Davis as Ted (10/10)
- Susannah Flood as Kate Littlejohn (10/10)
- Wesam Keesh as Jay Simmons (10/10)
- Regé-Jean Page as Leonard Knox (10/10)
- Ben Rappaport as Seth Oliver (10/10)
- Britt Robertson as Sandra Bell (10/10)
- Anna Deavere Smith as Tina Krissman (9/10)
- Vondie Curtis Hall as Judge Nicholas Byrne (10/10)
Recurring Guest StarsEdit
- Olivia Sandoval as Celia Chavez (5/10)
- Michael Beach as Douglas Delap (3/10)
- Danielle Nottingham as Anchor (2/10)
- Julie Dretzin as Diane Barish (1/10)
- Adria Tennor as Susan Womack (1/10)
- Arthur Darbinyan as Sam Simmons (2/10)
- Anna Khaja as Vera Simmons (2/10)
- Rahvaunia as Theresa Wood (6/10)
- Pamela Shaddock as Alice Reed (1/10)
- Nalini Sharma as Assistant (1/10)
- Brandon Win as Paralegal (2/10)
- Nida Khurshid as Serena Nazari (2/10)
Notes and TriviaEdit
- For the People was officially renewed for its second season on May 11, 2018.
- The table read for the season premiere took place on August 8, 2018.
- Filming for the season started in Los Angeles on August 14, 2018. The first episode wrapped on August 25, 2018.
- Exterior scenes in New York City for the season were filmed in September.
- Filming wrapped on December 12, 2018, the same day that ABC released the first trailer for the season.
- Some on location filming took place in New York City near the end of September 2018. While there, part of the cast also met the real Federal Public Defenders of New York.
- On May 9, 2019, ABC announced that season two would be the last.
Cast Promotional PhotosEdit